Monday, November 17, 2008

Letters to Muffin (Part 6)



Part 6:

Robin opened the package and smiled when she saw it was the journal that she’d sent to Brenda. She noticed that the once pristine edge of the book was now worn in from the number of people that had opened and closed the journal as they had added their notes to Emma Grace. She placed the journal on the coffee table and opened the letter that was addressed to her.

Ciao Bello Amico,

Greetings from Rome. I hope that this letter finds you well. And yes I realize that I just spoke with you recently, but things change so fast. I mean just a few short months ago you were a single woman pondering having a baby on your own, and now you are a happily engaged woman about to have a baby with the man that you love. A man that loves you beyond words. I am so happy for you Robin. You finally have everything I always knew that you deserved. You have the family you always wanted. For a long time there I wasn’t sure that you would get it, and then you met Patrick, and through everything you told me about him when you first met him, I knew he was the one for you. I realize that both of you fought it, but he was the one. The one that would change your life and give you everything that you deserved.

And for that I will forever be eternally grateful to him. So be happy my Robin. Enjoy your life, your love and your family. It’s all we have ever wanted for you, and now that you have it, hold onto it with both hand and never let it go.

Thank you for asking me to be a part of this, since I can’t be there with you. I am honored to be able to write a message to your baby, your Emma Grace. To be able to tell her what I know of you, to tell her the Robin that I have gotten the great and wonderful opportunity to know and love for the past 13 years of my life. You are the greatest gift that has ever been given to me, and I cherish you each and everyday.

I love you my friend, my sister.

Love Always and Forever,

Brenda.

P.S. Yes you can read the letter. Smooches.



Robin put the letter down and wiped her eyes and she opened the journal to the page Brenda had marked and started reading the letter.



My Beautiful Emma Grace,

Welcome to the world my little wonder. You were a long time in coming. I am your mysterious Aunt Brenda. I say mysterious because it will be a while before you get to meet me. You see I live in Rome. That is in Italy. I’ve lived here for a long time, and I don’t come to Port Charles very often. There is some bad history for me there. But that is a story for another time, maybe when you are a bit older. I’m very sad that I won’t get to be there when you are born. I’ve waited a long time for your mother to get to have you. You see I’ve known your mother for thirteen years, and throughout that time she’s encountered more trials and tribulations than anyone person should ever have to.

When she was seventeen years old I watched her handle losing her first love, Stone Cates, to an incurable disease, a disease that even now flows through her veins. I watched her pick herself up and carry on. It wasn’t easy for her, it shouldn’t have been. No one at that age should have to bury the person they are in love with. I wasn’t around for the end of her next relationship. I’d gone through some of my own personal stuff and disappeared from everyone’s life at the time, but I heard about it, and I can tell you that it wasn’t pretty, but like the courageous person that your mother is she once again put the pieces of her heart back together again and carried on with her life.

Some say she ran away, but she didn’t. For her own self preservation she moved to Paris. And while there we became friends again. You see I was already living in Rome at that time. But your mother was guarded. She kept her heart very close to herself. She focused on becoming the best doctor she could be, and let love become something she didn’t strive to obtain. I felt bad for her. I know how much she wanted to find the one. That person that she was meant to spend the rest of her life with. The person that she was destined to have the future she deserved with.

And as fate would have it, she came back to Port Charles and found it. She found your father. Sure she fought it tooth and nail, but she was meant to be with your father…and he was meant to be with her. And you my darling baby girl were meant to be with them. You are a very lucky little girl. You have so many people that love you already and you aren’t even here yet.

I know that for all the bravery that your mother has, she was scared to have you. See as much as you were planned, she is still scared to death that she will infect you with the disease that she carries, but I want to tell you a secret Emma Grace. If you are infected, you will have absolutely no better teacher than your mother. She will teach you how to live with this disease with grace and humility. She will teach you how to live each day, each moment to the fullest and to never take anything for granted. Both her and your father will teach you about pure unconditional love, and what it means to love completely, with your whole heart and soul. Because your parents love like that. Your mother always has, and even though I think that the love she has with your father is by far the greatest love she’s ever experienced, I know that she loved both Jason and Stone with all of herself. And because of that my sweet baby, you will always know what it means to be able to love open and honestly.

Your mother has taught me so much over the past thirteen years that I have known her. She’s taught me how to be strong. How to believe in myself, how to believe in a future, and how to believe that one day I will have the kind of love that she has finally found for herself. And that is only one of the many, many reasons why I love your mother. Your mother is the best friend I could have ever asked for.

I know I’ve talked a lot about your mother and not a lot about your father, the truth is that I only know about your father through your mother. I haven’t met him, but I know that he loves your mother breathlessly. She is his whole world, and you will be too. You and your mother are the best things that have ever happened to him, and I know that he will always be there for you, even if your mother can’t be. So trust in him Emma. Even if he messes up a little at first, from what I hear most first time fathers do.

But most of all what I want for you is to be happy my beautiful baby girl. Live a happy and full life, love well, laugh often, and grow in the image of your mother. She is the strongest, bravest, most compassionate person I know. And I thank God every day that I was blessed to get to be one of the lucky people to have her in my life.

Treasure your family Emma; they are the true foundation of love.

Love always,

Your Aunt Brenda.


Robin closed the book and smiled as she once again wiped away her tears.

“You ok sweetheart?”

“I’m fine daddy.” Robin said as her father sat down next to her. “I just read Brenda’s letter to Emma. I miss her.”

“I know.” He said hugging his daughter close to him. “Maybe once Emma is here we can convince her to come for a visit.”

“I’d like that.” She said. “I’d like that a lot.”

“I know.” He said kissing her head. “So that is the journal your mother told me about.” He said pointing to the book in her lap.

“Yep.” She said handing it to him. “You’re next.” She said. “If you feel up to it.”

“Absolutely.” He told her taking the journal. “Why don’t I go work on this and you take a nap before Patty gets home and we head over to Mac’s for dinner.”

“Ok.” She said with a smile. “Daddy?”

“Yes luv?”

“I love you.”

“I love you more.” He said with a wink before walking towards the dining room with the journal in his hand.

TBC……………….UP Next Robert.

0 comments:

Recent Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts Widget

Recent Comments

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP