Sunday, September 21, 2008

9/21 Heard in the Waiting Room

  • Now that it's likely that Robin and Patrick will be integrated more into Matt and Maxie's storylines, do you want to see more information about them or just as it relates to Robin and Patrick? I've given you the choice - you can vote on it for the next week.
By clicking on ‘Read More’, you understand that you will be reading the latest Scrubs-related spoilers and speculations …some of which are pretty reliable and others may be designed to incite panic/false hope in a fanbase. Enter at your own risk!!

Special thanks to the Scrubbies relaying this information…here are the Spoilers and Speculations for the day:

Upcoming Night Shift Episodes
Episode 10 "Brothers and Sisters"
Leo and Kyle are caught off guard when their mother comes to town unannounced. Meanwhile, Claire confesses a secret, Patrick is stuck in an awkward situation with Epiphany and Toussaint, Kyle meets an intriguing patient (special guest star Chad Allen), and Robert comes to see Robin in a new light. Written by Sri Rao & Michael J. Cinquemani.
Episode 11 "Love/Hate" (spoiler pics)
Anna (special guest star Finola Hughes) rushes to Robin's side after Robert is brought in for emergency surgery. Meanwhile, the staff has a hard time treating a group of racists, and Eric (special guest star Chad Allen) questions Kyle about why he can't forgive Claire and Leo for sleeping together. Written by Sri Rao & Christiana Miller
Episode 12 "Truth and Consequences"
Patrick puts the entire hospital in jeopardy when a notorious patient dies and Dr. Monica Quartermaine (Leslie Charleson) pays a visit to the night shift. Meanwhile, Robert reminisces about the past with Anna (special guest star Finola Hughes) before taking a turn for the worse. Later, Saira confronts Leo while Kyle and Eric (special guest star Chad Allen) share a tender moment

Expected GH Scrubs airdates (breakdowns from Lisa)
week of 9/22 - M, T
Monday, 9/22
Robin tries to talk sense into Matt.
Tuesday, 9/23
Noah warns Matt and Patrick not to end up like him. Patrick leaves Matt with a challenge.
week of 9/29 - T, F
Tuesday, 9/30
Robin pops the question to Patrick.
Friday, 10/03
Patrick gives Robin an answer to her marriage proposal.

::Golden::
Soap Central spoilers;
Robin has a heart to heart talk with Matt.
Patrick offers Matt a challenge.
Spoilers for Next Week
Robin asks Patrick to marry her

:: Pretty Reliable::
EMI: none at the time of this post
AIG: none at the time of this post

:: Could be Complete Fiction::
Daytime Dish (source):
9/20
Hey me-
Do you know anything about Scrubs proposal?

Hey you
sorry I don't ...
I'm JMM's info friend who couldn't get info on big step and Skate wedding
I finally got my laughing source to admit to trip and they not canceled
I just wanted to stop the circle on postponed/canceled cause they are not the same
only thing I have on Scrubs is Scrubbies will love it ... no doubt they are in love and committed to each other and the child
for me that is too vague to post here.
I usually only like to post info I believe is true (cause I also watch the show) and if it will help stop meltdowns or give people some story direction.
but as I said originally -- info has been sparse, not sure if changes, lockdowns or war on leaks
I will say that it appears GH is trying to control info more and have it come out via pr.
as always I urge you all to trust your proven sources and take what I and other anons say as info to be filed. If my info is true I'm happy for you all, if it's not I apologize.
Hey me-
Thanks for the info and what you do have! :D It is very much appreciated! I totally beleive you about the lock down. I am looking forward to the proposal, I am like the little kid at Christmas who wants to find the pressies, because I can't wait! :lol: Do you think they are bringing romance back, in your opinion, or are they just blowing smoke out of their asses to pull the bait and switch?

the info I was given originally a couple weeks ago was to watch the Matt/Patrick/Noah/Robin scenes play out ... that this would be eye-opening for Patrick and Robin to really understand what family is, what family means and to understand the mistakes they refuse to make for their child, which I posted here a while back. So that the proposal and commitment is not a WTF for these two.
IMO -- As for romance, I think you might consider it a chem test ... if the feedback is good, the numbers rise ... I think you will see a blend of mobbie and love in the afternoon.
Also since there are strict controls of the amount of violence and sex can be shown, the love in the afternoon lost out to the violence ... you're getting a lot of love because the violence is down .. it's circular ... if the violence goes up, the love will go down.
JMM"s friend

Just an FYI, they're going to go to film for a week rather than tape. That's it. It's stupid. Remember it was spilled on DD first.

From chatup: Can someone tell me where the spoiler that the baby will be HIV+ came from? Was it a named person or anon?
I think anon?
Why is it true or a rumor?

It isn't true as far as I know but someone asked me to find out where it came from so I'm just checking
ChatUp? Any ideas or opinions on that Scrubs baby drop this morning. I really hope it's a lie or red herring
is that the baby is HIV+ drop?
It's not been considered as far as I've been told
Well, the 'wonderful surprise' love themed promos certainly aren't promising bombs and shoot outs are they?
I love that. As long as the promos aren't a bait and switch.

they aren't a bait and switch but I would advise to keep in mind the mob is still present - it's an effort to acheive greater balance.
sleepy cu
Hey sleepy cu!
I knew there was a reason that fall promo was mainly archival footage.
Care to discuss what FAF called Realitivity being GH's new buzz word? If you are sleepy I understand not wanting to go there.

FAF is a smart smart cookie.
cu
Then I think M2C is right in that it will be painful watching Gh try and mimic NS2 writers coolness. NS can pull it off because there HW I believe is in the demos Frons is chasing.
in my opinion I don't think NS is hitting the coolness factor (that's just my opinion). I think soaps in general are struggling with the desired demo and are too willing to fracture their foundation in a vain attempt to find the soap equivalent of facebook, myspace or the iphone. To me it isn't GH specific.
cu
I guess GL going to the handheld cameras to give their show more of a "reality show" feel would be another example?
yes. it was the same with AMC's camera trick a while back.
television isn't any different than the rest of the business world in their desire to find the next big thing that will unlock the marketplace. sometimes in the rush to get there they lose sight of what brought them to where they are now. sometimes, it isn't the newest, shiniest thing but the reinforcement of the foundation.
if this doesn't make any sense, I plead sleep deprivation.
cu
Hey Chat Up!! Question for you. Do you thin we should wrte/call about the baby HIV status? I don't want to give them ideas they may not already have.
BP - I don't think it's necessary. What would be the payoff to show in doing this? There is no benefit in making the baby HIV+
CU- Have you heard about the "filming" instead of using tape for sweeps? And, what do they feel is the benefit, when it's likely no one will even notice?
i haven't but i'm out of the country.
if they were going that route, it should be visible to the viewers - it would give a different look and feel to show - a different quality
but with the same lack of storytelling. so, i don't get how this will help ratings in any bit. JMO.
agreed but not everything is about immediate return on the ratings. a new look or a new feel can lead to new promotion which down the line could result in new viewers.
that would be the interest there, if they are going there
cu
I think the one thing Sri has going for him is that he isn't following the industry standard...just like Bill Bell didn't.
And that's why it's working. IMO of course.

I would argue that while NS and their crew have experienced some success, Sri Rao also isn't writing in the genre - writing one show/week for 13 weeks is different than 5 shows/week for 52 weeks. I'm not saying one is better or harder but they are vastly different and what works on one won't work on another. but that's my sleepy two cents
cu
I think that is true too -- but we will never know if writers like Sri aren't given the chance. I think daytime in general could use some new blood creatively. They just seem to keep recycling the same old writers and just move them around from show to show. I'd like to see someone come in with a fresh pair of eyes and some new creative ideas while keeping to the basic formula of what works on daytime (ala Doug Marland's rules)
I don't disagree - I think change is a good thing but it is a question of high risk/high reward if any show brings in someone from outside the genre. if it works - the payoff could be enormous but if it fails, it could take the knees right out from a show
cu

0 comments:

Recent Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts Widget

Recent Comments

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP