Sunday, February 24, 2008

2/24 Heard in the Waiting Room

  • Don't miss Rick Springfield on Oprah on Tuesday!

By clicking on ‘Read More’, you understand that you will be reading the latest Scrubs-related spoilers and speculations …some of which are pretty reliable and others may be designed to incite panic/false hope in a none at the time of this post

Special thanks to the Scrubbies relaying this information…here are the Spoilers and Speculations for the day:

Expected GH Scrubs airdates

week of 2/25 - F
week of 3/3 - M, T,W, Th, F

::Golden::
Soapzone spoilers;Patrick questions the paternity of Robin's unborn baby pointblank. Robin doesn't beat around the bush. (source)

:: Pretty Reliable::
AIG: none at the time of this post
EMI:
No problem. Maybe sometime you could drop in the IL. It's nice to have a break from work I can imagine. Do you know if there is a lot of uncertainty behind the scenes at Prospect now that the strike is over?
Will anything happen or is it back to business as usual, if you know. Thanks.

I know that Guza has been working like crazy to get things back on track so uncertainty may be a good word to use.
EMI
EMI- based on current environment- is Guza here to stay or are other options being explored?
I can't answer with certaintly either way but I can give you my own opinion. Will that do?
EMI
No problem. Are the actors excited/nervous about Guza coming back?

Depends on who it is.
EMI
I would like to ask another question I can't seem to get answered. How long will NB be sticking around? Is there any way that people over there have come to their senses and are ready to cut their losses with both the character and the actress, again, if you know. Thanks.
I wish I could give you a straight answer, but I just don't know. As far as I know, there are no current plans to let Nazanin go when her next cycle as up. If it makes you feel any better, I do know that they are aware that her character has not received the welcoming they had hoped for. I just don't think they're at the point where they're ready to admit defeat and let her go. But if you've noticed, she's not getting the same amount of focus any longer. That isn't a coincidence.
EMI
re: Guza
I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but I don't forsee him going anywhere.
EMI
How about..
Kimberly/Jason

I'm not going to touch personal lives in the romantic sense.
But as far as I know, all of those pairings get along smashingly off screen
Kimberly and Jason are quite a pair in the sense that there's a running joke about how people can't tell when they're acting as Robin and Patrick or when they're being themselves. They are two of the most professional actors you will ever meet. And there's clearly a comfort and mutual admiration and respect between them. They are a true team.
EMI
May I ask is that because people were ticked that she got the most focus the week Robin found out she was pregnant. I mean people were toasting Leyla's ass for goodness sake.
Not in particular. Her character has never received the welcoming they had hoped for from the very beginning.
EMI
Same thing happened in Dec and Jan and we got her back with a vengence. I don't see why they don't just let her go.
Because as I mentioned before, they are much too stubborn to admit that giving her a contract may not have been the smartest move. Plus, they keep holding on to the possibility of a NS2. That was one of the deciding factors in giving her a contract to begin with. They thought a second season would be unquestioned.
EMI
Do they get that she might get a better reception if they tried her somewhere other than in the middle of Robin/Patrick?
Try another approach with the character rather than going continuously with the same angle of sticking her in the middle of a popular couple?

Problem is, they're having trouble finding an area she works in beyond being a random nurse.
EMI
So, do you think they will just keep things staus quo even though they are bleeding viewers? The tremendous losses in the last year have to be noticed by somebody at ABCD.
It hasn't gone unnoticed at all.
EMI
Re: keeping NB/Leyla on
Do you find it as ridiculous as much as us that they refuse to admit they've made a mistake? They do this all the time and it is very very annoying.

I'll be the first one in line to admit the stupidity of it.
EMI
EMI- did you hear anything about great ratings for the Robin Unwrapped mini marathon on Soapnet? Any idea what they were and how they compare to normal ratings for that period or what those in charge expected them to be?
thanks.

I don't have exact numbers no. The only thing I heard was that people behind the scenes were a bit shocked at how well it was received.
EMI
s it true Brian Frons does not want the character of Patrick tied down to Robin and that is why Scrubs are not reuniting?

I can't answer that as I don't know the inner workings of Frons' mind either.
EMI
I think I asked earlier if you had heard any rumblings that they may in fact move ahead with NS2 for this summer now that the strike is over -- OR do you think the idea is dead because of the financial hits GH and ABCD as a whole have taken lately?
Thanks.

I think there is always going to be hope that it'll get the green light to move ahead with a second season, but as far as I know there aren't plans anytime within the next few months.
EMI
I your opinion why are they keeping Scrubs apart?
Happy couples get boring?
EMI
did you hear SJB requested JT for scenes?
I didn't, but that doesn't mean it's not true.
EMI
EMI. If you know can you just say how each couple is being recieved?
Robin and Patrick? Still strong
This is just what I've heard and I haven't heard about all of them so I apologize.
I meant to ask this earlier and forgot. Do you know if Soapnet plans to release those marathon ratings? And if not, do you have a theory or idea as to why? It's been a while, so I'm a bit surprised they haven't been released yet. Thanks for answering so many questions!
~Scrubbie

I don't know. Sorry.
EMI
EMI,
In general, what would you do to fix GH?

For starters? Get rid of every single person pushing things behind the scenes. Guza, Frons, Korte, Phelps, etc. Every single one of them. Then I would let it be known in the cast that attitudes, egos, favoritism, and fangirl behavior would not be tolerated. This means for instance, Steve Burton would not get away with his antics and making stories go his way.
EMI
Here Here! Any other divas backstage?

Plenty. More than you can even imagine.
EMI
EMI,
In general, are the men or are the women the bigger divas?

The men. Without question.
EMI
Are there any ANTI-divas or ANTI-divos?
Yes. Greg, Kimberly, Ingo to name a few. If by divos you mean people who bitch and try and get things changed for their own reasons.
EMI
I've always heard that GV, BA, and JT are not. I've also heard mostly positive things about SR and BB. IR mostly does his own thing.
-Not EMI

I'd say that's pretty accurate. JT isn't a divo at all, but he definitely doesn't hide what his preferences are. Laughing
EMI
could you elaborate a little please?
That's not a scoop, just an observation from what I've heard on here and other places. Laughing JT doesn't hide what his preference for story is at events and to fans. Laughing
EMI
True. Anybody can tell you that KMc and IR are probably the most chill people on set. They just sort of roll with things. The mere fact that she didn't complain about cottage hell and he didn't complain about Jax's rape is proof of that
Part of the reason for that is neither of them are as invested in it. They come in, do their work, and leave. I suspect they've accepted that they can't change the way things are.
-Not EMI
Is NotEMI here? I wanted their opinion on something.
What is your opinion on the way things are being run on General Hospital these days? And what is your opinion on the fangirl behavior exhibited by many of the cast and crew?
EMI
Yeah I'm still here.
Sorry for appropriating your name. Laughing
I think things were better in some ways under the scabs. There was slightly less day-to-day politicking because there were no writers and fewer higher ups to complain to. There are also certain writers who made certain actors lives difficult who were gone.
The fangirl behavior makes me Rolling Eyes The show would be so much better if they would stop playing games and just write the show for the whole cast. They have a talented one.
Does that answer your question?
--Not EMI
Yes it does, thank you. And I see you and I share the same opinion on this topic. Laughing
I said earlier that I think what needs to be done here is an entire overhaul behind the scenes with the new PTB putting their foots down on the divo behavior exhibited by a lot of the cast.
EMI
I guess then this question is for both of you. It seems like you both agree what needs to be done over there to fix things and most of us here feel the same way. With ratings on a steady decline and still no changes, what will it take to finally get someone to get the message that what they have in place is just not working? Thanks.
I don't think anything will. I think ABC is much to chicken to even consider a total overhaul and I think that's the only thing that could fix things.
EMI
(anon?)
There are also certain writers who made certain actors lives difficult who were gone.
Please explain.
Elizabeth Korte was gone. In many ways, she's a bigger problem than Guza. MVJ was also gone.
-Not EMI
NotEmi,
What's your take on KMc? people have said she's pretty private, keeps to herself and that gets considered to be snobbishness. THen others say she's really nice.

I think both are right. Laughing
She is private and that may come off as snobbish to some. I suspect she's accepted that the politics of GH aren't going to change. But she has close friends on set who think she's wonderful.
-Not EMI
EMI or Not EMI
Were there any backstage drama ove the pre-nom list for the Emmy's? TIA

Yes, and from unexpected directions, but I can't say more than that right now because of where the information came from.
-Not EMI
Again I want to warn people, my word should not be gospel. I'll be the first to admit that. It's just what I've heard and since I don't work directly on set I can't say anything is for certain.
EMI (sourcehear)
Chat Up: none at the time of this post
TIOLI: none at the time of this post

:: Could be Complete Crap Fiction::
Daytime Dish Anon: none at the time of this post
Soap Dish Anon:
2/23
Tuesday Robin is overcome by emotion
Friday Robin and Patrick have a heart-to-heart talk (source)

The reason for the addition of so many "newbies" of late is that ABC is looking at ways to lower the cost of production considerably as several hefty contracts are up for renewal soon. Their plan is to try and establish the new characters and make them successes so they can offload some of the characters with more years under their belt whose contracts are pricey. Look for more cuts in the coming year and more newbies. Several players who have been believed safe are no longer safe. (source)

3 comments:

CHIgirl February 25, 2008 at 5:53 AM  

Thanks for the updates. So pretty much GH is going to continue to suck and no one has the 'nads to do anything about it. Lovely. And for the divas on the show - men and women - I have always noticed the fish stinks from the head down. So if the actors are running amuck - it's because the PTB let them. Which only furthers the speculation that Guza and Fons are idiots.

kb14 February 25, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

I noticed that you said that Kmc was very private and to herself and her and jt denied rumors that they were dating in the past but do you think they possibly are?

Amy February 26, 2008 at 7:33 AM  

chigirl - My only hope is that since Guza has been wanting the HIV pregnancy storyline for so long, that now that he's back, the writing for it will get better. Supposedly there'll be more airtime in March...

kb14 - I try to stay away from speculations on the actors' personal lives and just keep it to their professional lives.

Amy

Recent Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts Widget

Recent Comments

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP