Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Letters to Muffin (Part 8)

Part 8:

Patrick walked into the room and saw Robin sitting on the couch with headphones positioned on her stomach. He smiled as he watched her rubbing her belly as the music flowed through the headphones. He’d just gotten home from work and it always seemed surreal to see her there waiting for him. She wasn’t quite on maternity leave yet, but she was working less hours now so he really only saw her a few times at the hospital. It was weird for her not to be there, but he was dealing with it, because he knew that he got to have her undivided attention when he got home, and he knew that once Emma got there, her attention would be divided between him and the baby. He was ok with that because he knew his attention would be just as divided, but that just made every moment they had together before the baby even more special.

Smiling he sat down at the opposite end of the couch from her, with their baby’s journal in his hand and watched as Robin continued to rub her belly in time with the music.

“Hey baby.” Robin said when she finally opened her eyes and saw her fiancé sitting across from her.

“Hi.” He said with a smile. “What’s Emma listening to?”

“Eddie Maine.” Robin told him.

“Eddie Maine?” Patrick said. “Who is that?”

“Ned Ashton’s alter ego.” Robin told him as she turned off her iPod and pulled the headphones off her stomach. “Ned decided he wanted to be a singer years back. He was good. It was how he met his ex-wife Lois.” She told him. “You should have seen him Patrick. Eddie Maine was absolutely nothing like the stuffed shirt Ned Ashton. It was like he was an entirely different person, but a happy person.” She said with a smile. “I miss those days.”

“What do you miss most about them?” He asked her as he moved to sit closer to her and placed his hand on her stomach.

“Everyone that I loved was here.” She said. “Brenda still lived here, Stone was alive, Jason was still a Quartermaine and Sonny was a calmer, gentler man.” She said. “But most of all Georgie was here. I’d give anything to go back to when Georgie was here.” She said with tears in her eyes. “I wish she could see me like this.” She told him. “She always said all she wanted for me and Maxie was for us to be happy in love and able to have a family of our own…and I’m getting that and she’s not here to see it.” She said. “It sucks.”

“I know baby.” Patrick said shifting so that he could wrap his arms around her. “I know.”

Patrick held Robin tightly as she cried about the loss of her cousin. While the night of her funeral led to the conception of Emma, and their reconciliation, he would give anything for Robin to have her cousin back. While he had everything he never knew he wanted, he was going to marry Robin soon and spend the rest of his life with her, and he was going to be the father he wanted to be deep down, he would trade it all for Georgie to be alive, and for Robin to be happy. But since he couldn’t change that, he could just hold her and let her cry over her sadness at Georgie missing out on all of this.

“I’m sorry.” Robin said later as she wiped her eyes.

“Don’t ever apologize for being sad over the fact that we lost Georgie.” Patrick told her. “She was an amazing girl and she loved you and Maxie very much. I figured that out quickly the day I asked her to help me trick you.” He said. “Not my finest moment I admit. But she wanted you to be happy and new that you’d be happy living with me.” He told her. “She’d be happy for you right now. Happy that you were living the life you always dreamed about. And I am truly honored to be the man you chose to spend the rest of your life with. I’m honored that I get to be the father of your baby, and that I get to come home to you and Emma everyday for the rest of my life.” He said. “And I thank Georgie.” He said. “Because while it was sad that the reason you came to me that night was to escape your grief for a while….she had a hand in us getting back together, and having this miracle about to join us. But I would honestly give it all back if I could bring her back to you Robin.” He said with tears in his eyes. “I would do anything to make you happy.”

“I know and that is why I love you.” She told him wiping his tears before leaning in to give him a soft sweet kiss.

“I love you so much Robin. You and Emma are my life.” He said before swooping in for another kiss.


--
“You hungry?” He asked a few moments later as they sat holding each other in the living room. The journal all but forgotten on the coffee table.

“Starving.” She said. “Emma and I would love a bacon, cheese and pineapple pizza.”

“One semi weird pizza coming up for my girls.” He said with a smile as he stood up from the couch. “Oh and by the way I finished my letter for Emma.” He said picking up the journal and handing it to her. “But I added something that I think you need to read first.” He told her flipping the book open.

“What is it?” She asked him. “Please tell me you didn’t write any dirty notes in our daughter’s journal.”

“No I didn’t gutter mind girl.” He said with a laugh. “It’s something Maxie brought to me at the hospital today.” He said. “I want you to read it and while you do that I am going to get you and Emma your pizza and cheeseburger for me from Kelly’s.” He said giving her a kiss on her forehead. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” She said as she watched him walk to the door. Taking a deep breathe as she reopened the book on her lap to the page Patrick marked.

Dear baby,

Hi. Wow this is really weird. Writing to a person you haven’t met yet. You see in my English Composition class our assignment was to do just that. Write a letter to someone you haven’t met yet. So I decided to choose you. The baby that I know that my cousin Robin is going to have one day. And if you are reading this, then I know that her wish to be a mother came true. You see Robin is the most exemplary person that I know. She’s strong willed, determined, passionate, loving, but more important she’s a strong independent woman who has handled having HIV with a grace and dignity that make her the woman she has become. She’s the type of woman I want to be when I grow up.

I look up to Robin. She’s my role model. You see my mother isn’t really around, so the motherly figure that I’ve had in my life for so long has been her. She’s shown me the type of woman that I hope to be one day. She’s the inspiration that I use when I feel like school becomes too much, or that the world isn’t fair because my mother decided that being with her mother was more important than being with me and my sister. I look at Robin and know that for a long time she didn’t even know her mother was alive. I watched the way she grew up with Mac as her only parent and she survived. She’s definatly a fighter and if I could just have 1/10 of the strength that she has, then I know that I will be ok. That I can survive anything.

I know I’m talking a lot about your mother and not a lot about myself, but you see there really isn’t much to say about myself. I’m a bookworm and a do gooder as my sister would call me. But that is ok, because it’s just who I am. I work at a café when I’m not in school, and I’ve really only had one serious boyfriend….but he’s the love of my life. He’s the man I know that I am destined to spend the rest of my life with. And I know that he knows it too. He loves me, and I feel blessed every day that I have his love. You see I learned a lot about love by watching Robin with men she’s loved. I watched her as she loved and lost Stone. I watched as she fell in love with Jason Morgan, and boy was that a disaster. I watched as she let that love force her to move to Paris and away from us.

But the greatest love that I have seen is the love she has for Patrick. I honesty and truly believe that he is her soul mate. He’s the man she is destined to spend forever with. Sure they fight a lot and still have yet to admit their true feelings to each other, but the love is there. I can see it. And they both know it. They are just too afraid to admit it. Which I can understand on both parts….he’s never been in a relationship……she’s been left heartbroken twice. They are cautious I understand that. I just hope for their sakes that they admit it soon. I would truly hate to see them let this chance at true love pass them by.
Especially after everything they have been through.

I want the same thing for my sister Maxie. I want her to find love and have it last. She lost her true love recently…….his name was Jessie. He died after being shot in the park, all because Port Charles is over run with the mob. How any of the police commissioners let this happen is beyond me. And she grieved a lot and made some mistakes because of her grief, but she’s going to get better. She’s going to find that one person she
is meant to spend her life with, and when she does….she’ll change. She’ll become the big sister that I know is hiding inside her. The one that takes the chance and puts herself out there. The one that strives to be good, and not cause trouble, just because she can.

Maybe having you around in the family will help that. You never know. Babies have a way of bring a family together.

I can’t wait to meet you. I can’t wait to see the look of pure happiness on Robin’s face when you enter the world. You will be her miracle baby. The baby that she didn’t think she could have that day so many years ago when she was told she was HIV positive. But deep down I’ve always known that she would become a mother. Because she was destined to be. She has too much love inside her not to be able to share it with a child.

I’m going to spoil you rotten, not like Maxie will. She’s the fashionable one, me I’m the bookish one. I’m the one that is going to take you to the library, the one that will read to you, help you learn to read, when your mom is at work, cause let’s face it she’s worked hard to be a doctor and as much as she’ll loving being your mom, she’ll want to work a little too….so I’ll be your babysitter. The best babysitter you’ve ever had. Gosh there is so much I want to show you, to tell and teach you. Just the thought of Robin having you makes me smile.

I know it’s silly for me to say all this, but I can’t help it. You are exactly what Robin needs to realize that she’s just as normal as me or Maxie. That she’s not defined by her HIV, that she is the amazing woman that we all know she is. You are the healing that Robin needs.

I love you already baby and I hope that we get to meet you soon.

Love always and forever,

Your Cousin/Aunt Georgina.

P.S. You can just call me Georgie.

Robin sat tracing her finger over Georgie’s name as she let the tears fall down her cheeks. She’d wished that there was some way to have Georgie a part of this journal for her baby, beside the picture that Maxie had slipped in, but she never in a million years dreamt that as an assignment she would have written her baby a letter. A letter that Robin would treasure forever and she knew that after hearing about Georgie from Mac, Maxie and herself, Emma would treasure this letter as well.

“She wrote one for Maxie too.” Patrick said as he quietly slipped onto the sofa beside her. He’d come home only a few moments ago and after putting the food down, had silently watched his fiancé read the letter her cousin had written a few years ago. “Maxie found them in a drawer in Georgie’s desk. She couldn’t bring herself to read them, or even give you yours, so she put them in her memory box, and to day she was feeling sad and looked through the box and found them again. She thought that Emma should have the letter that Georgie wrote for her, so she brought it too me at the hospital today, and I slipped it into the page before mine.” He said. “It belongs there.” He told her.

“Thank you.” Robin said through her tears. “Thank you for putting it in there for our baby.” She told him. “Thank you for finding a way to bring Georgie to our little girl.” She said as she felt more tears spill down her cheeks.

“Trust me Robin,” He told her as he pulled the book out of her hands. “There was no way that our baby would ever not know about Georgie. She is too much a part of this family for that to happen.” He said kissing the top of her head. “But you really need to thank Maxie for bringing us the letter.”

“I will.” She told him “I will.” She said again as she let him pull her into his arms.

TBC……….Honestly up next Patrick.

0 comments:

Recent Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts Widget

Recent Comments

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP