Friday, August 22, 2008

The Scrubs proposal

Just a few thoughts on the proposal yesterday:

I would have liked some buildup to why Patrick was proposing, it just seemed to be very sudden. Of course, with the writers making all of his friends to be creeps/killers/womanizing bartenders, no wonder he has no one to consult with except for Pip.

I think the public proposal was in keeping with how they've written the Scrubs relationship on GH with the normal push/pull, but I think many fans were hoping the proposal would be written as an intimate scene....free of the angst a public proposal brings.

However, at the end of the day Robin and Patrick are still one of the more realistic loving couples on daytime. And despite some of the more cliched parts, it had a lot of really sweet moments. I'll leave you with my favorite part of the proposal:

Patrick: You've overcome your fears, and well, I think I'm your last fear. So I'm here to tell you that...you don't have to be scared anymore...because I'm in this for the long haul, whatever that means...and we can face our fears...together..me..you..as a family, as a husband and wife...so Robin...(whispers) hey..
Robin (whispers): What?

Patrick: Say you'll marry me


This little section hit at the heart of the abandonment issue, and it was perfectly written by Karen Harris and executed by Jason Thompson. Kimberly McCullough did a great show of pulling off Robin's myriad of emotions to the public proposal - embarrassment, excitement, nervousness, touched, overwhelmed - a tough feat to pull off.

I'll admit that I've watched the proposal at least 5 times, especially the scene above...so, as of right now (and I know it's a rising number because I know a lot of you so well)....

2 comments:

Anonymous,  August 22, 2008 at 8:08 PM  

i am loving the new updates to the site....it is gorgeous

Anonymous,  August 22, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

I loved it!! and i love ur website!

Recent Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts Widget

Recent Comments

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP