Monday, December 31, 2007

12/31 Heard in the Waiting Room

  • An LA Times article in regards to the strike, a few GH writers are quoted
  • Tristan Rogers' film 'Opportunity Knocks' won the prestigious CINE Golden Eagle award

By clicking on ‘Read More’, you understand that you will be reading the latest Scrubs-related spoilers and speculations …some of which are pretty reliable and others may be designed to incite panic/false hope in a fanbase. Enter at your own risk!!

Special thanks to the Scrubbies relaying this information…here are the Spoilers and Speculations for the day:

Expected GH Scrubs airdates
Week of 12/31
Robin
Monday
Liz & Epiphany
Liz, Epiphany, Cassius & Patrick
Liz, Epiphany, Cassius, Patrick & Regina
Epiphany, Cassius, Patrick & Kelly
Epiphany, Cassius, Patrick & Kelly

::Golden::
none at the time of this post

:: Pretty Reliable::
SoapQueen: none at the time of this post
SoapKing: none at the time of this post
AIG: none at the time of this post
Script Insider: none at the time of this post
Chat up: none at the time of this post

:: Could be Complete Crap Fiction::
Soap Dish Anon:
12/30
How do Robin and Patrick act when treating Nik - toward eachother?
What changes Patrick's mind about being a dad? How does Robin react?
Does Leyla tell the nurses about Patrick on screen or off screen? How does Patrick react? Does Robin know?
TIA

They act as a team. A good one. That is something Patrick takes notice of. He changes his mind because he feels that being with out Robin is worse than the fears he has about being a father. (source)

"Winking Jizzer"
Did you post Leyla switches sperm?

I posted about Leyla. I didn't wink and I'm not a Jiz fan. I'm the one who dropped off the SBr information last week about her first tape date being January 14th and the mags confirmed it this week. I dropped other information and you're slowly learning it's the truth. Leyla does switch the sperm. Robin's AI takes and Carly's doesn't. Robin winds up pregnant and what's worse it's with Jax's baby. The audience will be the only ones privy to the information for months. (source)

Whew! I want to see Robin and Patrick with their baby. Why do some insiders say fans may not like it? What is happening to Scrubs? Thanks

I have no idea. I don't claim to know details. But what I do know is that Patrick is the father of Robin's baby and that was decided a long time ago. The question has always been about how they're going to go about doing it. I do know the only role Carjax play in this story is to parallel both Robin and Carly trying to become pregnant at the same time. Robin's AI takes and Carly's doesn't. That's where the drama comes in and what Carly has to deal with. The fact that Robin can have a child now and she can't. Carjax's story becomes more mob and Michael based in the new year. (source)

Just a quick post after reading the board today.
Robin will indeed be the recipient of Jax's sperm.
TTFN (source)

Yeah, I was just going to ask about that...TTFN...does that mean Robin is pregnant with Jax's baby?
I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear. When I said recipient, I meant he will be the one to father the child.
I wasn't trying to be vague but I see that's the way it came across.
This was the only tidbit I was dropping off today.
TTFN (source)

12/31
Don't put all your sorrowful eggs in one basket.
It seems to be lots of red herrings floating about these days...and anyone who says anything is for certain with the strike in place is ... a brave soul.
I will not be around for a while but I would advise fanbases to not jump ship.
Happy New Year
TTYL_a friend (source)

Hmmm.
Well, far be it from me to question an insider. I don't want to do that at all. But, since I kind of outted myself a bit last night.
I'm the poster, who, In October told everyone that you were missing a big part of the puzzle with your November sweeps scoops because a significant event was taking place and no one had even mentioned that Emily was dying at that time.
A few months earlier I had told everyone about the burnt woman that people would think was Brenda on Night Shift.
There have been a couple of other things in recent months as well that I've mentioned on this board. I won't go into specifics. Obviously I'm an anon and you can choose to believe or not but in regards to both Sarah Brown and Scrubs, I'll just say that I have different information.
I don't believe I've been fed false info but obviously I can't say for sure. And in no way am I attempting to discredit anyone who says otherwise. I'm just saying I have different information.
That's all.
Hold the horses! Different info meaning that Patrick will be Robin's baby daddy and Sarah Brown is not for Mo?
I'm not going to say anymore until I check into this a bit more and find out what is going on. On the off chance that I have been fed false info I don't want to screw myself here.
But yes, in regards to both the baby story and Sarah Brown, I have different info.
That's all I want to say right now. (source)

There is no sperm switch with Jax/Patrick.
The sperm switch is with Jax and the anon donor that Robin picks out.
It's a lab glitch, no nefarious play at work.
Robin and Patrick are not back together when this occurs.
Patrick is in the process of moving on with his life while this happens. He will continue to move on with his life. (source)

^^^
This isn't true. There is a switch, but Patrick does not continue to move on with his life at all.
Yes, he does. Patrick is removed from the sperm switch story when it occurs. He's moving on with his life.
If you say so.
He's not though. He's very much involved. At one time he even tells Robin that he's ready to build a life with her even if that means becoming a father to another man's baby.
(source)

So they're not together when the switch occurs but then they get back together?
Pfft...bites tongue.

I understand you're frustrated. I really, really do. But yes, Robin and Patrick will reunite. And Patrick will be a father to her child. Will it be all smooth sailing, not a chance. I also understand that I'm sure this isn't good enough for you, and I understand that as well.
When does this happen?
I'm going to be candid with you here, is that alright? You want me to give you a date so that if it doesn't happen on that day exactly when I say it's going to happen, you can call me and all my information a liar.
That's why I tend to try and stay away from giving timelines. If the stuff hasn't been filmed, I refuse to give timelines because it only creates drama if it doesn't happen immediately. It hasn't been filmed yet so I won't speculate as to when it's going to air exactly.
When does this episode air?
(this is re: Scrubs from 2 posts above)

It hasn't been taped. It's not dialogue. It's a general overview of what I was told Patrick will tell Robin.
When do they reunite?
And when do they find out that Patrick is the father?

You misunderstand me. I never said he was going to be the father. I said he was going to be "a" father to her child.
Why could Patrick not be the biological father to her child? What was the reasoning for the biological parent?
I should be clear here. This is just what I've heard the plan is at the moment. And yes, that's not a mistake, "at the moment" is italisized because I have heard whisperings about changes. Whether it'd be changes now or months from now, I don't know.
I think contract status' have played a role in this story. (source)

With this, I have one final point to make:
Three different plot points have been leaked to this website by various insiders. You do not have to choose which one you like, as that is pointless right now.
However, if you're like me, and do not like the idea of (a) a deliberate sperm switch, (b) an accidental sperm switch, and/or (c) an HIV-positive mother-to-be keeping the truth from the father who could've been infected -- any and all of which will undoubtedly cloud the real issues or send the wrong message -- then responding proactively and preemptively to advocacy groups is your best bet. It will certainly help those in charge make a final decision as to where they plan to go with this story.
That's all I'll say on the subject tonight. Fans of the pairing are certainly in for a ride, but I think acting now has the potential to ultimately pay off.
Happy New Year SD.
Think About It (source)

This is not an issue that can tackled using conventional methods. Calling in and mailing the studios is not going to cut it this time. But you do have to work fast. Think about it.
Start with the mags like Poz and advocacy groups?? Tune out?
The former. But keep thinking. Like I said, there is an ever-shrinking opportunity to reverse this arc.
So, what's the best ways to contact TPTB and let them know our feelings about this (or anything)?
This is the time to be exceptionally creative. I wasn't kidding when I said sleep on it. This is going to take some brainstorming, but it is feasible.
Start calling Sweeney's office??
It couldn't hurt. But the advocacy group method would be best. Finding out which ones have acknowledged GH's work would be an excellent start.
Are you talking about advertisers and the Advocacy orgs?
Divide and conquer. It's a very effective way of covering your bases. Think about it.
But isn't tuning out for a drop in ratings a message. If no one is watching, they can't get the money, isn't that right?
There are not enough of you who have Nielsen's boxes. If you can't be counted, tuning out means nothing to them. Keep thinking.
I'm saying don't even bother with the show. Go straight to Iger, Sweeney, POZ, EGPAF, sponsors/advertisers (let them know your age demographic too. That'll get their attention fast). Screw the show and Frons because they're the ones that approved it.
Glad to see you've come around and are ready to try, RIL. Keep thinking. You guys are on the right track. I disagree. Still contact people like Frons. But with him you tell him u are NOT watching because so and so. You need to get to the bottomline and appeal to their fears: ratings and low revenues for advertisementsWith each person there's a different approach you take when writing to them. Be mindful of that.
So people with just regular cable are not counted?
Not without a Nielsen's box, unfortunately. I understand you feel very "uncreative," but your approach can also be effective. There are many avenues that must be covered, but hitting money-makers and advocacy groups should be your first move. Keep thinking ladies.
Make sure the magazines know it came from one of the crew members so they dont think we're just hysterical fans believing stuff from a gossip board.
Plus, several fans tuning out is not going to make the difference that a well-written email, phone call or blog post to the right people will. Keep thinking.
If it's an actual Tivo is can be important.
Tivo is now collecting viewer information through their StopWatch service and distributing it to the networks as an alternate method to count viewership. Nielsen hates this of course because it's the first sign that they might have some real competition in years so they've been working with Tivo now but the company has started its own branch for it.
This is true. As someone else stated, it's a relatively new process that is constantly being tweaked. Your best bet is to have direct contact with your targets. Tuning out never hurt, but it's a relatively passive approach. You guys really are on the right track to getting this taken care of in an effective manner. Two or three solid weeks of this will do wonders for your pairing. Think about it.
Do you think that writing or emailing TIIC, or magazines would do more good to voice opinion on what you don't like? I've heard they look at who is talked about in letters and just count that as mail and feedback good or bad..so would writing negative feedback via email really help all that much?
I've already tried to tell you they'll count all the feedback the same. You can wind up hurting your cause even more by doing this big letter writing push.
Don't say you weren't warned
Now you're talking.
I've been the "think about it" poster here. This is not an exact science by any stretch of the imagination, but contacting the right people in a civilized, proactive manner is the best way to preemptively protect the integrity of the story. You have come a long way in an hour. Now you just have to keep thinking and working for the next two weeks. (source)

0 comments:

Recent Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts Widget

Recent Comments

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP