Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Cute Factor


Alright, I’m just going say it: Robin and Patrick are the cutest couple in all of daytime and quite possibly all of television. Seriously, they are, and you can argue with me if you want but it’s just the way it is in my world and no one gets a say in that. So, when the ABC Media-Net photos came out last week of impending Scrubs cuteness, I began to reflect on their story and all the adorable things we’ve seen from them over the last 3+ years. This “cute factor” I speak of is something that separates them from the rest of the duos on television and the magic that is this couple is just beyond words at times. I decided it would be fun to come up with my top 5 list of the cutest Scrubs episodes to date. The only problem is that as I began to re-watch their episodes I realized that there were so many it was next to impossible to narrow them down to just five, so I ended up with a top 10 list instead. I figure, what’s another five episodes? So, here they are in order of air-date. (It was unfeasible for me to rate them because they are all so deserving!)



1. September 29, 2006 (Jaws Day) – A favorite among Scrub fans, this episode finds Robin taking care of an ill Patrick. As the two lay on the couch, Patrick opens up to Robin about his mom and the last time he remembers letting a woman take care of him. He recalls how she used to read his favorite book, Jaws, to him and then he compares her to Robin. Watching Robin and Patrick bond over the past, present and future is very endearing. It made me love them even more than I thought was possible. Ha ha! Little did I know ...


2. November 8, 2006 (Patrick cooks Robin breakfast after they say, “I love you”) – Probably one of the cutest episodes because it’s so simple. “Women are a blur before you” My heart literally melted in that moment! Oh and then there is this whole Jason Thompson pretending to cook thing. Need I say more?


3. December 14, 2006 (Robin helps Patrick, who has a broken hand, get dressed) – Ok, I think that one of the main reasons I like this one is because both of them look absolutely stunning in this episode. They are beautiful people and the two of them together just jump off the screen. Patrick is such a little boy at times and Robin just wants to take care of him and it’s sweet to watch them so “lovey-dovey” with each other.

4. January 22, 2007 (Patrick asks Robin to move in with him) – There are many things about this episode that I like. First you’ve got a charming Patrick asking Robin to move in, Patrick spying on Robin as she’s rearranging furniture and then the whole grab thing which happens towards the end. I know some of this stuff isn’t blocked in detail (when filming) which makes the end result that much sweeter. Kudos to Kimberly and Jason for continually making this relationship look so realistic.


5. January 26 & 29, 2007 (Robin & Patrick argue at the police station prior to the Metro Court crisis) – Alright, I’ll admit it. IF I had to pick a number one this would be it. These 2 episodes are probably my favorites on the list. While Robin and Patrick aren’t on the best of terms, the chemistry, love and overall cuteness is dominant throughout the episodes. It’s in the writing, the direction and the acting and that’s why I adore these scenes. They really are too cute for words!

6. February 20, 2007 (Beyond Reason) – After their separation during the Metro Court crisis I couldn’t wait for their reunion. I tuned in on February 19th and was very anxious to see what would happen. I was so upset about the air-time that day I figured that whatever was to air on the 20th probably wouldn’t amount to much either. Wow, was I wrong! Karen Harris scripted such beautiful words as Patrick told Robin just how much she means to him. The emotion between the two was just amazing as I watched them fall deeper in love.


7. March 9, 2007 (Patrick surprises Robin at the park) – This one oozes with sweetness as Robin and Patrick have cookies and hot chocolate in the park. The setting is just beautiful and watching Patrick surprise Robin in this fashion after everything they’d been through was really bittersweet.


8. March 15, 2007 (The Docks) – As if the previous week wasn’t enough we get this episode which I think surprised a lot of people. The stimulating conversation between these two was enough to make you want to scream! Cute, hot, adorable, lovely, tender and delightful all rolled into one. Thank you, AGAIN, Karen Harris!!


9. October 9, 2008 (Patrick and Robin get engaged!) – In typical Scrubs fashion the two end up at the police department (in their defense some of the cutest episodes are actually here, go figure!) and Uncle Mac is finally the one to get these two to face each other and admit what they both have wanted all along: to spend the rest of their lives together. I love the facial expressions in this episode. Jason and Kimberly are just terrific actors!


10. November 4, 2008 (Emma is born) – The long awaited birthday of Emma Grace Scorpio-Drake finally arrived. Watching Robin and Patrick just in awe of this life they created and so concerned for her well being just brought me to tears. I don’t do that very often but that episode did it for me and took this couple to a whole other level.

Honorable Mention: The Wedding(s) – October 30, 2008 & December 29, 2008
I think both of these episodes speak for themselves. One brought Emma into the world and the second united them as a couple and a family. Both are great examples of the chemistry and appeal of Scrubs.

Yes, there were many other episodes I could have chosen. Including: race car day, the actual “ILY’s”, various episodes within Robin’s pregnancy, etc… but what I realize is that it doesn’t matter what episode you watch with these two they are just adorable in everything they do!

You know, taking a walk down memory lane is always fun. It reminds me why I became interested in this couple to begin with and it blows my mind to see how far these two have come and to know I watched this "cute factor" from the very beginning.

So, what’s your top ten?

Thanks to Beyond Reason, Scrubs.org for screencaps

10 comments:

Anonymous,  June 10, 2009 at 6:30 AM  

These stand out for me...
1. He gave he the ice cream bar after the encephalitis drams..her squeal was priceless
2. When she kissed him before his liver transplant
3.Drunk Robin after GNO..Patrick says no to sex...He knew from then that with her it could not be a casual fling
4.On the Docks-"Let the healing begin"
5.JAWS- probably will make everyone's top 10
6.Reunion at Windermere - "I'm so mad at you right now" Then he gives her a bear hug
7. "I'll wait for you, because you are worth it" when trying to get her to move in with him
8.This is a weird one, but it sticks out for me - "I guess I could learn to like "L.....", if I could stop loving you" - broke my heart
9. Patrick feeding Emma for the first time and Robin opens her eyes to see it
10..MUST INCLUDE TBIS
"....i'll PAINT THE KITCHEN THAT AWFUL YELLOW, BECAUSE I LOVE YOU...BEYOND REASON"

Anonymous,  June 10, 2009 at 8:18 AM  

I LOVE ALL OF THOSE AND MORE. LIKE YOU BOTH SAID, THERE ARE SO MANY, INCLUDING THE SCENES FROM YESTERDAY. LOVE THE SCRUBS. SOMETIMES I THINK THEY ARE MARRIED IN REAL LIFE.

JASON AND KIMBERLY ARE BY FAR THE CUTEST COUPLE ON DAYTIME SOAP.

WRITERS, I HOPE YOU ARE READING THE COMMENTS ABOUT THE SCRUBS AND CONTINUE TO KEEP THEM ON THE AIR AND THE FRONTBURNER.

Anonymous,  June 10, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

All my favorites! I can't wait for the CUTE FACTOR list to grown. Emma just brings out more for the family to enjoy.

diamond20 June 10, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

I adore this couple so much that everything they did was a cute factor for me. If I were to pick my top 3:
1. The docks, stimulating conversation.
2. Noah set them up for Lunch at the Metro Court and, Robin & Patrick had sex for lunch.
3. The aids storyline, they are very cute when they're vulnerable.

They have surpassed all my favorites on GH ( Sonny & Brenda, Frisco & Felecia just 2 name a few )and no one will ever take their place. I was so excited when Kim came back to GH in 2005 and when the hot doctor followed I fell head over heels in love with this couple. I have all of the edits of this couple and I enjoy the many videos on YouTube of them. They're such a fun heartwarming duo and there is no one like them in daytime.

Unknown June 11, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

i feel like watching the february 20, 2007 scenes again... does anyone know where i could find it? youtube?

thanks!

Michelle June 11, 2009 at 6:44 AM  

You can find the February 20, 2007 episode at http://z4.invisionfree.com/ScrubsBeyondReason/index.php

court,  June 11, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

Your ten sound pretty awesome to me! I just have a few comments on a couple of them:

JAWS day ~ sigh ~ is what I call perfection. And what made it so special is that it was unexpected. Karen Harris gave us all the ultimate gift that day and I'll always love her for that. Kimberly and Jason's chemistry is magical beyond words...that's a given. But on this day, for me, for some reason...it just really shined through. It was quiet, still...in that moment on the couch. Very, very real. And being the Patrick lover that I am...it just made me love and understand him even more. Not to mention the HIV results at the end. Everything the FINAL results SHOULD have been. *growl boo hiss*

The PCPD fight, followed by MC pillow throwing/fight ~ another day of perfection. It was the kind of angst that I could stand to see any day. The LOVE was so clear. Even though Robin was so upset with Patrick...she couldn't deny what was in her heart...no matter what she was saying, that was clear to me. Those moments where she was on one side of the door and he on the other...sigh. Funny. Cute. Romantic. Amazing. The very essence of what and who they are and what makes them special...just like JAWS day.

Another favorite of mine was during the first wedding, when Patrick finally showed up. Robin's faith in Patrick was perhaps the best part of all, because it's something I needed to see from her. A lot of folks are quick to judge or not trust Patrick and to see Robin stand by him in a moment when most women wouldn't have...that was amazing to me. And then he looked all frazzled...and cute. And the kiss? AWWWWWWWEEEE And even the cheesy clapping for SCRUBS, too!!! LOVED IT!!!

One more...earlier this year (yes, it's true! *rolls eyes*) when Patrick told Robin about the day he knew he loved her (on the docks). Totally cute day. If only we could have more like that. Hopefully, we will soon.

OH and of course the most recent June 9th episode! Cuteness all over the place. After three years, they've still got it!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Anonymous,  June 11, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

Awww, I wish you would have included a picture from "pants tug day", the first time he asked her to move in with him. They were so beautiful that day.

Okay, I'll take on the challenge. Here are my Top 10 Cute Days, in no particular order:

1. Sponge Bath Day during Noah's liver transplant
2. French toast after the ILY's
3. Jaws Day. Yes, of course. lol
4. Can I combine the jailhouse proposal, their wedding shower, and the day Patrick selected Coleman as his best man into one choice? lol They are all equally cute.
5. The day after they had the ultrasound when it hit Patrick that he was having a girl and he freaked out lol
6. Driving Emma home from the hospital...slooooowly
7. Patrick's disastrous baby training class and discussing baby names "Isn't this fun? Naming our daughter after strippers?" ha ha
8. Eating Chinese in their pajamas after the Craig story
9. The day after they slept together and they were both asking about each other at the hospital. Pip: "Yes, Patrick asked about you. Yes, it's a big, beautiful day. And you two aren't fooling anyone" lmao
10. Pants tug day. I love it. It's probably my favorite cute "moment" EVER!! Kimber's laugh (because that is sooo Kimber, not Robin lol) is infectious and adorable and they are completely natural together in that moment.

Sigh. I could easily do 10 more!

Anonymous,  June 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Love all of these -- but would add a couple more:

The day Robin showed Patrick his apartment for the first time and the christening of his apartment

The day he took back the couch with the voiceovers from both

The MC date when Robin was pregnant and she kept having to leave the table to either get sick or pee

There are just so many to choose from!

Tahanee,  June 14, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

All that have been said are amazing. I just wanted to add new years eve at Patrick's apartment when he called Robin out on breaking her resolution to be honest with him about her feelings. The way the switch from light to heavy and back again so naturally is part of the reason i love them.

I also love the episode where Robin comes home from the hospital after the MC hostage crisis. They talk about Alan and the emotion is so raw. Everytime I watch it I get pissed off about What a hack Guza is killing off the Quartermaine's and Alan especially.

Recent Posts

Popular Posts

Popular Posts Widget

Recent Comments

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP